SV Pelican is a 19 metre sailing catamaran. She is designed as a state-of-the-art platform for conducting scientific research and for people and communities to gather on board for knowledge sharing and experiences at sea.
She is a very stable vessel and suitable for novice and experienced sailors alike, but she is affected by the weather and water.
With this in mind, please note the following:
- Dress in comfortable casual clothes and wear non-slip, non-marking, shoes (old runners are ideal). It can be cooler out on the water so wearing layers is recommended. Bring a rain jacket to protect you from the spray and wind. A hat and sunscreen are essential.
- The weather dictates where the vessel is able to sail each day. This means that the schedule is subject to change, even on the day of the event. We will notify you of any changes or cancellations as soon as possible.
- If you want to snorkel, you must bring your own equipment (fins, mask, snorkel, swimwear). This is an optional activity.
- If you suffer from motion sickness, please ensure you take appropriate medication before you board (and bring it with you).
- You must bring your own lunch and a water bottle. SV Pelican is a zero waste vessel, so please pack accordingly. Plenty of fresh water is available throughout the day.
- This event requires a minimum of 20 attendees to run. You will be notified if there are any changes to the event. If the event is cancelled, purchased tickets will be refunded.
- If you cannot attend and need to cancel your booking, tickets will only be refunded up to 5 days before the event.
To complete your booking, please return to the event registration page.
You will receive further information about the day closer to March 4, 2018.
Feel free to invite anyone who might like to attend.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9341 8174.