ResourceSmart Schools is an award-winning Victorian Government program that assists schools to embed sustainability in everything they do. Schools minimise waste, save energy and water, promote biodiversity and take action on climate change to benefit their school and community.
Managed by Sustainability Victoria, ResourceSmart Schools provides practical support to reduce resource use and make cost savings, integrate sustainability into the curriculum and share learnings beyond the school gate.
What role does EEV play with ResourceSmart Schools?
EEV are contracted by Sustainability Victoria to Coordinate ResourceSmart Schools support for schools in the Western Metro Region.
- Directory: 2017 Western Metro Directory
- Local Teacher Environment Networks in the Western Metro Region
- ResourceSmart Schools Western Region News.
Local school stories
- November 2017 ResourceSmart School Awards 2017 – A Western Perspective….
- March 2017 Seabrook Primary School is getting ready to jump its way into a frog bog!
- December 2016 Truganina South Primary School, The Story So Far…
Download the ResourceSmart Schools guides
How can my school get involved?
Support is currently being funded by Sustainability Victoria to help government, independent and Catholic schools take more sustainable steps. Head to the ResourceSmart Schools website to find out more and to register your interest.
2017 Star Certification Rounds
Modules may be submitted for certification throughout 2017. As schools complete modules they can apply for star certification through Sustainability Victoria.
The next Star Certification dates is 19 May 2017. Future dates will be announced, stay tuned.